3 1/2 cups quick oats
1 1/2 cups powdered non-fat milk
4 scoops low carb chocolate or vanilla protein powder
1 cup sugar-free maple syrup
2 egg whites, beaten
1/4 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup natural applesauce
sliced almonds (optional)
raisins or craisins (optional)
- Preheat over to 325 and spray a baking sheet or 9x12 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix oats, powdered milk, and protein powder in bowl and blend well.
- In separate bowl, combine egg whites, orange juice, applesauce, and the sugar-free syrup and blend well.
- Stir liquid mixture into dry ingredients until blended. The consistency will be thick and similar to cookie dough.
- Spread batter onto pan and bake until edges are slightly crisp and browned (about 20 minutes) - careful not to overcook or they will be dry.
- Cut into 10 bars and store in airtight container, ziplock bags, or freeze.