Sunday, April 19, 2009

Coconut Lime Chicken Soup

I made this soup last night and it was SOOO good! I put my own spin on a combination of a recipe from my friend Diana and a recipe I found online, and I think it's definitely a keeper!

1 small deli-roasted chicken
14-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
2 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup lime juice (2 medium limes)
1 T soy sauce
carrots, chopped
ginger, minced
shitake mushrooms, chopped
green onions, chopped
fresh basil, shredded
cilantro

  1. Remove and discard skin and bones from chicken. Shred chicken.
  2. In a large saucepan, combine shredded chicken with coconut milk, chicken stock, lime juice, carrots, ginger, mushrooms, green onions, and soy sauce.
  3. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender.
  4. To serve, ladle into bowls. Top with shredded basil and cilantro.
One recipe called for 2t Thai seasoning blend. I couldn't find this at the store last night, but think it would make an excellent addition if you have some.

No comments:

Happy Cooking!

.