This is a great way to use leftover turkey from Thanksgiving!
¾ cup chopped onions
¼ cup butter or margarine
¼ cup flour
1 large dash chili powder
¼ tsp garlic powder
1 15/16 oz can chili with beans
1 8oz can tomato sauce
¾ cup water
1. Pour chili in a bowl and mash beans.
2. Heat butter, add onion and cook until softened.
3. Add chili powder and garlic powder
4. Stir in flour and cook for a minute – then add water
5. Add chili and tomato sauce.
6. If consistency is too thick, add more water for a sauce-like consistency.
7. Put on low heat and proceed to the filling.
2 cups cooked, cubed chicken or turkey
¼ cup red taco sauce
1 tsp salt
¾ cup sour cream
1 ½ cup grated cheddar or Colby-jack cheese
½ cup grated cheese (to be used later)
1 pkg flour tortillas (large flour burritos (8) or smaller size (12)
1. In a 9x13 pan, pour just enough sauce to barely coat bottom.
2. Combine all the above ingredients except the tortillas and the extra cheese.
3. Fill tortillas with filling – maybe ½ cup?
4. Roll tortillas and place side by side with the seam down in the pan.
5. Pour sauce over the tortillas and top with the remaining ½ cup cheese.
6. Bake 20 min at 325 degrees.
7. Let stand for a few minutes (if you can stand it) and top with