Friday, August 17, 2007

Broccoli Salad

2 heads of broccoli, chopped finely
1 lb bacon, fried and crumbled
1 small package(2 oz) almonds, toasted
1/2 small red onion chopped finely
1/2 pkg. light golden raisins
1 cup frozen petite peas

Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sugar
2 T vinegar
salt and pepper

I love this salad. I've seen lots of alterations, but this way is my favorite. Some omit the peas and almonds and add sunflower seeds, others use grapes instead of raisins. I usually use rice vinegar and add the almond accents and bacon just before serving. I don't like soggy bacon. Suit yourself.

Em

2 comments:

Lisa O said...

I took this salad to a med school bbq Friday night and everyone loved it! Thanks Em...this was the perfect blend of sweet and salty.

Emily said...

Hurray!

Happy Cooking!

.