- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Crisp Tortilla Strips (optional)
Stir in the broth, cumin and rice. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
Stir in the corn, salsa, cilantro and lime juice. Cook until the rice is tender. Top each serving of soup with Crisp Tortilla Strips.
Crisp Tortilla Strips: Heat the oven to 425°F. Cut 4 corn tortillas into thin strips and place them on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.