Thursday, November 22, 2007

World's Best Green Bean Casserole

I was given the assignment of bringing green bean casserole to Thanksgiving Dinner this year. I wasn't really looking forward to making it, as it's probably one of my least favorite things on the dinner table each year, so I decided to look for a different recipe besides the can of green beans, can of cream of mushroom soup recipe that people typically think of. Boy am I glad I went searching! I truly found the world's best green bean casserole. I made a huge dish, and it was nearly completely gone by the end of the meal. Several people even went back for seconds! Enjoy!

Here is a link to the recipe.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Kim, if it weren't too close to Thanksgiving, I'd give this recipe a try. I'll remember it for next year since I made the traditional green bean casserole this year and not a single scoop was taken out of the pan. My favorite part about reading your recipes are the tips and personality that you include in the preparation. Fun to read.

Jane 1940 said...

I have made this recipe twice and it was great. I had trouble getting the beans (frozen) to dry so I dried them with a hand held blow drier. Blow drying also worked well for the mushrooms. I think the recipe calls for too much garlic and cut it way back.

Gen Agers Goering said...

I love this recipe. Everytime I make it, I never have any leftovers. And always send someone home with the recipe. Great stuff! I'll never ever eat the canned stuff again. Thanks

Gen Agers Goering said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Happy Cooking!

.